ZOOM Virtual Backgrounds
How to Start Using a Background Image on Zoom
You can either upload a Zoom background image before your meeting starts, or set your Zoom background once you’re already in a meeting. We’d recommend uploading the image before your meeting—that way, you can preview your background without having an audience.
Uploading a Zoom Background Image Before a Meeting
- Log into the Zoom Edu Account software.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- A Settings screen will pop up. Click on “Virtual Background” on the left side of the Settings screen.
- Click the “+ Add Image” button and select the file you just downloaded. You’ll be able to preview the background, and test other background images too.
Uploading and Setting a Zoom Background When You’re in a Meeting
- Click the ^ button next to the “Video” camera icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click “Choose a Virtual Background”.
- Click the “+ Add Image” button and select the file you want as your background.
You can watch the Zoom Virtual Backgrounds video for even more information.