Dr Hasan Sohaib Murad PhD Fellowship Program
The Dr Hasan Sohaib Murad PhD fellowship will be offered to outstanding, young, full time students for completion of PhD studies in a period of 3 to 4 years in specific areas of specialization. The objective is to support education and grooming of outstanding young scholars, who would excel in high-quality research and its publication in the most reputed journals of the subject.
- The recipients of PhD fellowship will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 30,000/- up to a period of three years.
- No tuition fee will be charged from the recipients of the fellowship.
- The PhD Scholars shall complete the required PhD course work in the first year.
- The PhD Scholars shall teach two courses per semester during the second and third year. Alternatively, he / she may be required to work as “Research Associate”.
- Continuation of the fellowship shall be subject to satisfactory performance.
- The scholars will be encouraged to complete the degree in three years.
PhD Programs Offered
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Clinical Psychology
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- PhD Food Technology
- PhD Management
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Textile
Required Qualification: MS / M Phil (18 years of education) with good marks / grades / CGPA throughout the academic career Preference would be given to the candidates who have published their research articles in HEC recognized journals as a first or second author
Age: Less than or equal to 30 years on 15th of October of the year of admission
Performance in Test
GAT: As per HEC Criteria
Type of study
Full-time student with solid plans to complete the PhD degree in three to four years
Submission of a comprehensive Research Proposal
The candidates for the Dr Hasan Sohaib Murad PhD Fellowship shall be required to submit a comprehensive research proposal for their PhD research plans.
Performance in Certificates & Degrees
- Matric / O-level (minimum marks: 80%)
- F.A. / F.Sc. / A-level (minimum marks: 70%)
- 4- or 5-year BS (minimum CGPA: 3.25)
- 2-year MS or M Phil with thesis research (minimum CGPA :3.5)
Assessment by Subject-based Interview
- Interview by selected members of the Board of Studies with at least two relevant members from other universities
- Discussion on the research proposal submitted by the candidate
Assessment of General Intelligence and Attitude
- Through interview by a university-wide assessment committee
Determination of Merit for Admission
Performance in Certificates & Degrees
The performance shall be quantified by the Figure of Merit defined below. Figure of Merit (FoM) = 2x (%age in Matric ÷ 100) + 2x (%age in F.A. or F.Sc. ÷ 100) + 3 x (CGPA in BS ÷ 4.0) + 3 x (CGPA in MS / M Phil ÷ 4.0) The maximum possible value of FoM is 10.0.
Assessment by Subject-based Interview (ASI)
The special committee of the Board of Studies will assess the candidates in the subject of their PhD studies on a scale of zero to ten.
Assessment of General Intelligence and Attitude (AGIA)
The university-wide assessment committee will assess the general intelligence and attitude of the candidates on a scale of zero to ten.
Determination of the Comprehensive Merit
Figure of Comprehensive Merit (FoCM) will be used to determine the overall merit of the candidates. FoCM will be determined by the following formula:
FoCM = 5.5 x (FoM) + 3.0 x (ASI) + 1.5 x (AGIA)
The maximum value of FoCM can be 100.
Terms and Conditions for Continuation of Fellowship
- A recipient of the PhD fellowship shall complete the required PhD course work in the first year of studies.
- A recipient of the PhD fellowship shall be required to maintain a CGPA of 3.5 or more during his / her coursework.
- A recipient of the PhD fellowship must pass the PhD Comprehensive Exam within a period of 1.5 years.
- A recipient of the PhD fellowship shall not be eligible for extended leave during the regular semesters.