New-batch Orientation held to Welcome New Participants
Thursday, March 10 2022
The New-Batch Orientation Program Spring 2022 was arranged on March 03, 2022 to welcome the participants of the undergraduate and graduate programs with the aim to help new participants build trust and enable a successful transition to the university environment.
Goals and Objectives of the Orientation Program
- Introduction of participants to the university services, campus environment, and facilities
- Facilitate initial academic advisement, course selection and the registration process
- Promote positive attitudes and stimulate excitement for learning
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere
- To build trust, feeling of belonging and connection
- To acquaint with co-curricular activities through club and societies
Through the orientation program the students will know about:
• UMT services
• Understand the academic advisement and course selection procedure
• The campus environment, culture, faculty, staff and existing participants
• Comprehensive information of the on-campus resources
Rector UMT Dr Asif Raza welcomed all the new members of the UMT family and congratulated them for selecting one of the best universities of Pakistan for the next phase of their journey. He motivated the newcomers by giving a motivational speech and said “Together, we can be the face of change”. He encouraged newcomers to go forth in a spirit of exploration and research.
The new participants were given a brief about the role of academic advisers, faculty, research culture, career perspectives, teaching methodologies and class decorum. Participants were provided with the Orientation Participant Guide encapsulating the academic calendar, important dates, registration procedure, add/drop week, academic jargons, commonly used abbreviations, IT resources, Participant Portal usage, Moodle/ERP, general policies, participant ID card policy, contact details of administrative/academic staff, credit hours, semester, short attendance and SGPA/CGPA details.
Throughout the Orientation Program, information helpdesks were placed to facilitate participants’ queries regarding academic and non-academic policies and procedures. Special and engaging performances were made by the students of the Drama Club and Symphony Club. Participants were given a tour of their respective School/Institute, faculty offices, Information Processing Center (IPC), Learning Resource Center (LRC), Participant Relation Section (PRS), Mosque, gym, medical unit, surveillance room and cafeteria. The UMT Ushers left no stone unturned to make sure the orientation program is carried forth smoothly and in the best way possible through their classic management skills.