A range of integrated web communications and services such as site architecture and design, site review and analysis, database creation, and general consultation for academic and administrative units of the University is provided by the OTE team. The web team is responsible for the official university website and works with various institutes, centers, schools, and departments to assist, develop and maintain a consistent web presence in line with University branding and visual identity.
The Web Services Team creates and enhances websites that are essential for conveying and accessing key University initiatives while also providing a variety of visual design strategies and content. Team members add value to projects by employing comprehensive analysis and creative strategy.
Team members contribute their expertise in project management, visual design, web design, web information architecture, usability and accessibility standards, and site development.
The major areas of focus are:
- UMT official website and other core web projects
- Upholding University requirements for UMT and its allied websites
- Electronic publishing
- Project planning and reporting
- Social Media Networking websites and features configuration
- CMS development
- Provide leadership and expertise in contributing to the strategic development of the corporate University website
- Give technical support and training to departmental web administrators (to departments who want to manage their content within the Content Management System [CMS]) to update their pages.
- Update web content as deemed necessary or helps schools, departments, and centers to update and maintain their own content
- Develop and maintains websites, online graphics, and forms
- Coordinate official university social media efforts
Web service request
Requesting web service is easy. Just fill out the web service request form and we will respond to your request. However, take care to ensure that the following criteria are met before submitting your request:
- A web administrator must be appointed from your department to act as a liaison person between the OTE web team and the department. The web administrator will be the focal person with whom we will communicate the progress of the project and ask for assistance (if required).
- Please note that every project has to follow a timeline. We will only be able to accommodate your request after taking into consideration prior commitments.
- Once a project is completed, we will refer it to you for final review. Please complete the review process within the agreed-upon timeline so that we finalize the project and move on to deployment.