Examination Rules Mobile Phone Policy
EXAMINATIONS RULES FOR STUDENTS
- Participant should reach examination room at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time. No additional time shall be given to Participant arriving late.
- Participant who has short attendance in any of the course(s) shall not be allowed to sit in the examination room.
- DON'T BRING YOUR MOBILE PHONE AND ANY OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ELECTRONIC GADGETS!
If you bring it to an exam, you should be aware of the following:
i. The University of Management and Technology accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to your belongings.
ii. On finding any of the unauthorized electronic gadgets, can lead the participant to Unfair Means Case.
- Participant must maintain complete silence in the examination room. If a participant has any kind of query he/she should raise his/her hand and wait for the invigilator.
- Lending/borrowing of pen, pencil, ruler, calculator, etc. is strictly prohibited in the examination room.
- Participant must display UMT ID Card.
- No rough work is to be done on the question paper.
- Participant must mark his/her attendance on the attendance sheet during the examinations. In case, his/her name is not listed, they need to report to an invigilator immediately.
- Participant found cheating, chatting, gesturing or miHSMhaving in the examination room shall be dealt with under the UMC rules.
- Any participant using abusive or obscene language in the answer sheet shall be dealt with under disciplinary rules.
- Participant cannot leave the examination room without prior permission of the invigilator.
- In case of open book/open notes exams, participant must follow instructions given on the front page by the resource person and should not indulge themselves in conversation with one another.
- Participant is not allowed to leave his/her seat during the exam without getting permission from the invigilator.
- An attempt to gain access to a question paper before the examinations shall be dealt under the UMC rules.
A participant found guilty of such an act shall be liable to one or more of the following penalties:
- Grade “F” in the subject; and/or
- Fine up to Rs. 25000; and/or
- Suspension; and/ or
- Expulsion from UMT
- Any other punishment recommended by the committee.