Dr. Hasan Sohaib Murad Ph.D. Fellowship Program
The Dr. Hasan Sohaib Murad Ph.D. fellowship will be offered to outstanding, young, full-time students for completion of Ph.D. studies in a period of 3 to 4 years in specific areas of specialization. The objective is to support the education and grooming of outstanding young scholars, who would excel in high-quality research and its publication in the most reputed journals of the subject.
- The recipients of the Ph.D. fellowship will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 30,000/- up to a period of three years.
- No tuition fee will be charged from the recipients of the fellowship.
- The Ph.D. Scholars shall complete the required Ph.D. coursework in the first year.
- The Ph.D. Scholars shall teach two courses per semester during the second and third years. Alternatively, he/she may be required to work as a “Research Associate”.
- Continuation of the fellowship shall be subject to satisfactory performance.
- The scholars will be encouraged to complete the degree in three years.
Ph.D. Programs Offered
- Ph.D. Chemistry
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology
- Ph.D. Computer Science
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D. Food Technology
- Ph.D. Management
- Ph.D. Mathematics
- Ph.D. Textile
Required Qualification: MS / M Phil (18 years of education) with good marks/grades / CGPA throughout the academic career Preference would be given to the candidates who have published their research articles in HEC recognized journals as a first or second author
Age: Less than or equal to 30 years on the 15th of October of the year of admission
Performance in Test
- GAT with HEC's minimum passing criteria
Type of study
Full-time student with solid plans to complete the Ph.D. degree in three to four years
Submission of a comprehensive Research Proposal
The candidates for the Dr. Hasan Sohaib Murad Ph.D. Fellowship shall be required to submit a comprehensive research proposal for their Ph.D. research plans.
Performance in Certificates & Degrees
- Matric / O-level (minimum marks: 80%)
- F.A. / F.Sc. / A-level (minimum marks: 70%)
- 4- or 5-year BS (minimum CGPA: 3.25)
- 2-year MS or M Phil with thesis research (minimum CGPA:3.5)
Assessment by Subject-based Interview
- Interview by selected members of the Board of Studies with at least two relevant members from other universities
- Discussion on the research proposal submitted by the candidate
Assessment of General Intelligence and Attitude
- Through interview by a university-wide assessment committee
Determination of Merit for Admission
Performance in Certificates & Degrees
The performance shall be quantified by the Figure of Merit defined below. Figure of Merit (FoM) = 2x (%age in Matric ÷ 100) + 2x (%age in F.A. or F.Sc. ÷ 100) + 3 x (CGPA in BS ÷ 4.0) + 3 x (CGPA in MS / M Phil ÷ 4.0) The maximum possible value of FoM is 10.0.
Assessment by Subject-based Interview (ASI)
The special committee of the Board of Studies will assess the candidates in the subject of their Ph.D. studies on a scale of zero to ten.
Assessment of General Intelligence and Attitude (AGIA)
The university-wide assessment committee will assess the general intelligence and attitude of the candidates on a scale of zero to ten.
Determination of the Comprehensive Merit
The figure of Comprehensive Merit (FoCM) will be used to determine the overall merit of the candidates. FoCM will be determined by the following formula:
FoCM = 5.5 x (FoM) + 3.0 x (ASI) + 1.5 x (AGIA)
The maximum value of FoCM can be 100.
Terms and Conditions for Continuation of Fellowship
- A recipient of the Ph.D. fellowship shall complete the required Ph.D. coursework in the first year of studies.
- A recipient of the Ph.D. fellowship shall be required to maintain a CGPA of 3.5 or more during his / her coursework.
- A recipient of the Ph.D. fellowship must pass the Ph.D. Comprehensive Exam within a period of 1.5 years.
- A recipient of the Ph.D. fellowship shall not be eligible for extended leave during the regular semesters.