14th UMT Convocation, 2017
November 14, 2017
Venue: UMT Campus, C-II, Johar Town, Lahore
Code of Conduct for Convocation
- Convocation rehearsal will be held on November 13, 2017 i.e. one day before the formal day of Convocation.
- The participation in Convocation rehearsal is mandatory for all graduating participants and attendance will be marked accordingly.
- The graduating participants reporting time for the day of Convocation at UMT will be 9:00 am.
- Attendance for all graduating participants on the day of Convocation will be marked at 9:30 am sharp.
- The graduating participants who remain absent on the day of rehearsal will not be allowed to take part in the formal Convocation ceremony, regardless of their payment of the Convocation registration fee.
- The participants having formal dressing with their respective gowns will be allowed to take part in the Convocation rehearsal session and on the day of Convocation respectively.
Please note that Convocation registration is mandatory for all graduating participants.
Invitation Card for Guests:
- On payment of Convocation registration and after the issuance of Convocation I.D card, a graduating participant shall be entitled for the invitation card.
- An invitation card will be issued on the day of Convocation rehearsal.
- Male and female students should both be in full formal dresses with gown as assigned to their respective programs.
In purview of the security situation of the country, please extend full cooperation with the Security personnel on duty, and avoid arguing with them or acting against their advice. This is for everyone’ safety and security – including your and your loved ones’.
Cooperate with Convocation Disciplinary Committee (CDC), and members of Faculty and Staff, and Event Ushers, and follow their directions during rehearsal as well as in convocation ceremony to make it a memorable day for you.
Maintain discipline at all times during rehearsal as well as convocation ceremony.
Cell Phones to be switched off on the day of Convocation rehearsal and during ceremony.
Photography during the proceedings of formal rehearsal and convocation day is strictly prohibited.
Avoid littering, gossiping, and roaming around aimlessly.
Walk in line, follow the rhythm, and remain seated once inside the ceremony hall.
All graduating participants are expected to enter and exit the ceremony hall along with their Schools/Institutes as directed by CDC, or Faculty/Staff/ and Event Ushers.
Smoking is strictly prohibited.
Briefcase, Cameras and other similar items are also not allowed in the university premises.
Do not leave the ceremony once you have stepped down of the stage. Only leave the ceremony on your turn, along with your school in accordance with the ceremony decorum.
Convocation Reception Desk
On Convocation day, the Reception Desks will be established at the site of Convocation.
The Graduating Participants and all other Officials dressed up in their prescribed robes will assemble according to the given plan at the Reception Desk. They will be specially received and greeted by the University staff posted at the Reception Desk.
Note: Please keep yourself updated on the notifications related to Convocation via UMT website.